Advice during current industrial action.

posted in: News | 0
  • NHS services across the North East & Yorkshire region are experiencing extremely high demand at the moment – this includes GP practices which are extremely busy
  • If you need advice for a minor/mild illness or injury, in the first instance, please either contact your local pharmacy for help or look at the self-care advice that’s available on-line from the NHS at 
  • Please watch the following online video to help you choose the most appropriate service for your needs: 
  • If you want to check your symptoms, there is an on-line symptom checker available at, which will re-direct you to a health professional if you need to consult  someone

The 111 online service is effective and efficient and endorsed by your GP.  You will be dealt with more quickly using 111 online than by calling 111.  Go to

Please be assured that you should attend your general practice appointments on industrial actions dates unless contacted and told otherwise.